At Cope Construction, Safety First isn’t just a part of our day-to-day business…it’s our number one core value. From the President to front-line employee, the responsibility for ensuring every Cope Construction worker gets home safely to his or her family every day is a responsibility equally shared among all our employees. Our goal is to protect our employees and subcontractors, the public, our property, and the environment in which we work and live. We are dedicated to the objective of eliminating the risk of injury, illness or environmental impact.
As a leader of on-site safety, we are a member of IsNetworld, Avetta, ComplyWorks, Sarnia-Lambton Industrial Education Co-Operative, Sarnia Heavy & Infrastructure Health & Safety Association.
- Cope Construction has been Awarded the Gil Sampson Award for the Sarnia Regional Labour-Management Health & Safety Committee.
- Consistent 100% compliance by the Industrial Education Co-operative.
- “0” Lost time injuries for several years in a row to date.
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Policy
Given the nature of the work we do and its proximity to both the environment and community, this is a key policy for Cope Construction. Cope’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Policy speaks to how we will pursue the fulfillment of our business strategies.
The policy is designed for all Cope employees with a set of guiding principles for how we conduct ourselves on the job site and in our working partnerships.
- Conduct business in a safe, socially responsible and ethical manner.
- Integrate community investment considerations into decision-making and business practices
- Learn from, respect and support the communities and cultures in which we conduct business
- Integrate waste avoidance and reduction initiatives that focus on optimizing the efficiencies of space, time and materials, using recycled material where possible.